At the Ceramic Stadium, Liverpool vs. Villarreal LIVE AND DIRECT this Tuesday, May 3 from 2:00 p.m. (local time) for the semifinal second leg of the 2022 UEFA Champions League with the aim of reaching the definition of the maximum international club tournament. In the first leg, the ‘Red’ team won 2-0 and started with an advantage, but the ‘Yellow Submarine’ will seek to come back with the support of their fans. It is worth mentioning that the transmission will be in charge of ESPN , FOX Sports , HBO Max , Movistar Liga de Campeones and STAR Plus .
At Anfield, Jurgen Klopp’s pupils were left with the victory with goals from Pervis Estupiñán against and from Sadio Mané, although the score could have been higher if it weren’t for goalkeeper Rulli. However, two goal difference is not enough to say that the tie is closed.
|UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE||LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL|
|WHEN THEY PLAY||Tuesday May 03|
|REFEREE||D. Makkelie (HOL)|
The Colombian Luis Díaz, with a great performance in the first 90 minutes, is expected to be considered again in the starting team along with Mohamed Salah and Mane himself.
Those led by Unai Emery, for their part, hope to do the feat and overcome the adverse score or, in any case, match it to go to supplementary. In addition, they trust that with the support of their fans, the atmosphere of La Cerámica will be different.
LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL: WHAT TIME THEY PLAY
- Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico – 2:00 p.m.
- Bolivia, Venezuela, Chile, Paraguay, United States – 3:00 p.m.
- Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay – 4:00 p.m.
- Spain – 9:00 p.m.
LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL: WHERE TO SEE IT
- Peru – Star+, ESPN
- Argentina – Star+, ESPN Argentina, Fox Sports Argentina
- Bolivia – Star+, ESPN
- Brazil – HBO Max
- Chile – Star+, ESPN Chile
- Colombia – Star+, ESPN
- Ecuador – ESPN, Star+
- México – HBO Max
- Paraguay – Star+, ESPN
- Spain – Movistar+, Movistar Champions League
- United States – Univision, TUDN App, Univision NOW, Paramount+, TUDNxtra, CBS, TUDN.com, TUDN USA
- Uruguay – Star+, ESPN
- Venezuela – ESPN, Star+
LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL: HISTORIAL
At an official level, both teams have faced each other three times, leaving a balance of two victories for Liverpool and one for Villarreal. Next, review their duels.
- April 2022 | Liverpool 2-0 Liverpool por Champions League
- May 2016 | Liverpool 3-0 Villarreal in the Europa League
- April 2016 | Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool for Europa League
STATISTICS, LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL
- Villarreal’s only previous European Cup semi-final ended in defeat: 2005/06 loss to Arsenal 0-1 (1-0 away, 0-0 home).
- Last season’s UEFA Europa League victory against Arsenal (2-1 home, 0-0 away) was the first semi-final that Villarreal had progressed in that competition after defeats in 2003/04, 2010/11 and 2015 /16, the latter against Liverpool. However, they won all three UEFA Intertoto Cup semi-finals between 2002 and 2004.
- This is the Yellow Submarine’s third appearance in the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League. Semi-finalists on their debut in 2005/06, they reached the quarter-finals three years later, and were knocked out by Arsenal in both campaigns.
- Liverpool have lost their last four away games at this stage of the UEFA Champions League, conceding 11 goals.
- The ‘Reds’ are in the UEFA Champions League for the 14th time. This is the sixth season in which they reach the semifinals.
- This is Liverpool’s fifth consecutive campaign in the UEFA Champions League proper, all under Klopp. They were runners-up after losing to Real Madrid in the 2017/18 final, and won their sixth European Cup at the expense of Tottenham with a 2-0 victory in the 2018/19 final.
LIVERPOOL VS. VILLARREAL: POSSIBLE ALIGNMENTS
- Villarreal: Rulli, Foyth, Albiol, Pau Torres, Estupiñán, Capoue, Parejo, Coquelin or Chukwueze, Lo Celso, Gerard Moreno and Dia.
- Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konaté, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Salah, Mané y Díaz.