As one of the game’s all-time greats, Lionel Messi may be playing in his last big competition for Argentina in Group C of the Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022. Any of Mexico, Saudi Arabia, or Poland may end up as the group champion. Since there is so much room for drama, this might be one of the most exciting groups to follow.
Group Stage: Group C Complete Match Schedule
If Lionel Messi wants to win the World Cup FIFA Tournament for the first time in his football career, he will need to put in some effort in the final FIFA men’s competition.
After taking a one-goal lead, Argentina was stunned by Saudi Arabia 2-1 in their first Group C match, which will go down as the largest World Cup upset in history.
Predictions for Group C are already in disarray, but Argentina still has a chance to win with victories against Mexico and Poland. Both of the later teams will believe that first place in the group is still up for grabs after a scoreless first half, but they didn’t help themselves.
Even though they are one of the lowest-rated teams in the competition, Saudi Arabia still has a chance to advance if they can win the match against Poland or Mexico in the final.
|Tues, Nov. 22||Argentina vs S. Arabia||05:00 A.M.||Lusail Stadium|
|Tues, Nov. 22||Mexico vs Poland||11:00 A.M.||Stadium 974|
|Sat, Nov. 26||Poland vs S. Arabia||08:00 A.M.||Education City Stadium|
|Sat, Nov. 26||Argentina vs Mexico||02:00 P.M.||Lusail Stadium|
|Wed, Nov. 30||Poland vs Argentina||02:00 P.M.||Stadium 974|
|Wed, Nov. 30||S. Arabia vs Mexico||02:00 P.M.||Lusail Stadium|
Argentina Team Brief Overview
Do not be fooled: Argentina is among the tournament’s top contenders. There is no other objective for this squad but giving captain Lionel Messi a shot at winning the World Cup. To earn a third star and cement Messi’s legacy, this squad carries the dreams of a country. Yet, can they hold up under all that stress?
- FIFA Ranking: 3
- Odds of Winning Group: Favorite
- One Player to Watch: It will be necessary for Lautaro Martinez to contribute to the attack, and if he can have a breakthrough tournament, it will go a long way toward aiding Argentina’s prospects of winning the whole thing.
S. Arabia Team Brief Overview
With increased strength and a desire to make a point, Saudi Arabia’s next-door neighbour, Qatar, will send a sizable delegation to the event. Fans of the United States National Team will be acquainted with their playing style and want to cause problems for the other teams in Group C.
Their biggest problem is that they seldom win by more than one goal and rarely score themselves. They are patient, though, and will wait for the right moment to attack and, perhaps, eliminate their adversary.
- FIFA Ranking: 51
- Odds of Winning: Needs Some Help
- One Player to Watch: Salem Al-Dawsari is Saudi Arabia’s most experienced player in the event. He is also the team’s top scorer with three goals. Because the Green Falcons are doing so well, fans may be familiar with his name.
Mexico Team Brief Overview
The USMNT’s sworn enemies are included in this group; they want to go beyond it and reach the “quinto partido” they haven’t reached since 1986. They have the best team in the competition but haven’t been doing very well lately. They’ll need to get over it soon if they want any chance of advancing beyond the first round of elimination.
- FIFA Ranking: 13
- Odds of Winning: In The Running
- One Player to Watch: Hirving “Chucky” Lozano individual Mexico is pinning its expectations on, and he is whoever can break out through El Tri in this competition.
Poland Team Brief Overview
This World Cup is likely Robert Lewandowski’s last opportunity to make an impact at the tournament, and he’s leading Poland into it with that goal in mind. Poland, though, is much more than a one-person show. The White and Red have the ammunition to surprise some people. And go to the knockout round, thanks to their solid defence and frustrating midfield.
- FIFA Ranking: 26
- Odds of Winning: Dark Horse
- One Player to Watch: Piotr Zieliski needs to contribute to the dominance of the midfield in addition to being asked to advance the ball. It happened in an attempt to provide the forwards with chances to score.